Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thank God - H1N1 and Jimmy

From our sister Smartassawhip on youtube -

Out of the woods.. :)
I have great news... Jimmy has been moved off of ICU... His lungs have both started to clear of the fluids now each of them just has a little in the bottom... At 5 yesterday morning one was completely full and the other half way... I could hear him in the background this time and honestly listening to him now you would never even know the kid was just on life support a couple hours ago. They are now giving him breathing treatments every 4 hours and he is still on 3 antibiotics and the tamiflu plus a steroid... It looks like he is going to make it... and I am convinced that this has been nothing short of a mircale. There were thousands of people praying for him... between youtube, facebook, myspace and real life I do believe that he was blessed. The hospital notified the health department and the school... so it will interesting to see how they handle it. He is still in isolation and will have to stay in the hospital for atleast 5 days... Anyway hopefully he will continue to get better and better. I guess he will have some lasting effects. He can't be around anyone who smokes for the rest of his life and they want him to get some type of shot for pneumonia every 2 years for life. I will keep you posted. I plan to vaccinate both of my boys if I get the chance... right now in my area they only vaccinate them between ages 2 and 9. :)

Thanks so much guys.....
A....